Published June 2022
Here at Edwards HR, we are proud to support Suited to Success and Dress for Success, two not-for-profit organisations that help overcome barriers to employment and succeed in the workplace.
WHAT DO THEY DO?
Suited to Success provides employment assistance, workshops, styling services and clothing, peer support activities, and career coaching, at no cost, to those who need their services. Suited to Success helps over 1,000 people through Queensland every year. All of their services support career and personal development underpinned by the goal of increasing self-esteem and self-confidence.
Suited to Success are always looking for new ways to raise the funds needed to provide their amazing services. So, they are holding a Giving Day on the 29 July 2022, which also coincides with International Lipstick Day!
On the day, they are hoping to raise $20,000, which will go on to fund clothing and styling services for 100 people in need.
The Edwards HR team has donated $2000 to the Giving Day campaign which will be used to match other donations, dollar-for-dollar, and we are encouraging our clients to get on board too!
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
Here’s some fun ideas provided by the team at Suited to Success:
- Hold a morning or afternoon tea. The original fundraiser – but arguably one of the best. Consider incorporating lipstick themed baked goods!
- Run a raffle. Suited to Success has generously offer to provide a $100 voucher to their social enterprise retail store as a prize. Or you could consider what you might have around the office.
- Have a ‘wear one donate one’ lipstick drive – where you wear your favourite lipstick and bring your favourite lipstick (new condition) to donate to Suited to Success. Or even better – donate the cost of your favourite lipstick to Suited to Success, and this donation will be doubled!
- Fundraise with games. Pay to play (or donate to play!) or play at your fundraising morning or afternoon tea, as an incentive for people to attend.
- Suited to Success can supply you with ten trivia questions (and the answers) about lipstick! No googling allowed!
- Guess the lipstick colour. Suited to Success will supply you with a list of ten lipstick colour names (such as ‘two-ton tomato’ or ‘roomiest rose’) and pictures of each colour. Your task is to the match the name with the correct picture.
- Guess the number of lipsticks. Ask everyone to bring in lipsticks to donate to Suited to Success during the month of July. On International Lipstick Day, put them all in a large jar, and run a competition to guess how many lipsticks are in the jar.
HOW TO SHARE THE WORD
If you’re running a fundraiser but you’re not sure how to let people know, here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Put up posters and flyers (Suited to Success can supply these).
- Post on your intranet.
- Send an all-staff email.
- Add to your e-signature.
- Post to your social media (your best lipstick selfie!) or share posts from our Suited to Success social media. You could choose to share one of our client story posts, which show how our services help people in need.
Their services are free of charge for clients and are only possible thanks to the generosity of the community. You can donate here!
Suited to Success gracefully accepts donations of all good quality men and women clothing (casual, work, and formal) from individuals, companies, and retailers. Donations are to be either new or near-new condition, and toiletries and make-up donations be new and unopened. This would be a great opportunity for everyone to de-clutter their wardrobes!
The Edwards HR team will also be running a clothing drive this year to support Giving Day – it’s a great opportunity to clean out your wardrobe and know your clothes are going to make a difference to someone’s life so we encourage clients to also run their own!
Being a small charity, they only accept clothing and/or product donation once a month. Good news! The day after Giving Day is their next drop off day Saturday 30 July between 10am – 2pm.
There is a loading bay directly outside the building at 2/47 Anderson Street, Fortitude Valley.
FLOOD RELIEF PACKS
While Suited to Success are frequently overwhelmed with the generosity, particularly with clothing, there are some items currently needed to support their clients and sustainability.
The current wish list is:
- Toiletry bags
- Neutral nail polish
- Mini or small bottles of perfume
- Shower gel
We are passionate about making employment accessible to those with less privilege and are proud to be able to make a contribution towards helping people overcome barriers to employment and helping to empower women in the workplace and close the gender gap.
Get in contact with Suited to Success today on 07 3216 1969 or email@example.com
As always, the team at Edwards HR are here to answer your questions and provide support across all areas of HR. You can reach us on 07 3568 0866.
Feel free to share this update with others in your network