From 6pm tonight (Tuesday 29 June 2021) residents of Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Townsville and Palm Island are in mandatory lockdown until 6pm Friday 2 July 2021.
Residents of these areas can only leave home for one of the following reasons:
1. To buy essential items such as groceries or medication
2. To work or study if these cannot be done from home
3. Exercise in your local area
4. To seek healthcare or provide help, care or support to another person
Masks must be worn when you are not at home.
You can read more about this lockdown on the Queensland Premiers Facebook page here.
WHAT DO EMPLOYERS NEED TO DO?
To ensure this circuit breaker effort is successful, we all need to play our part. Accordingly, Employers should complete these actions TODAY.
1. Assess whether employees can work from home. To help you make arrangements, you can download the Working From Home Toolkit from our website for free – click here.
2. Revisit your Covid-safe plans, particularly hygiene measures, to ensure they remain suitable for your business in the current situation.
3. Ensure all employees who are unable to work from home are provided with a mask to wear. Restock all other supplies such as hand sanitiser, gloves, cleans pens and anything else necessary as per your Covid-safe plan.
4. Meet with your team (including labour hire, contractors etc) and brief them on your business's requirements.
5. Remind your team to keep an eye on the Queensland Government’s Contact Tracing (Exposure Sites) webpage.
Together we will get through this but we all need to play our part.
As always, the team at Edwards HR are here to answer your questions and provide support across all areas of HR.
You can reach us on the details below:
Emma Edwards – 0459 818 011 or email@example.com
Alicia Hansen – 0497 497 342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to share this offer with others in your network.