From 6pm tonight (Friday 8th December), residents of Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton Bay and Redlands are in mandatory lockdown until 6pm on Monday 11 January 2021.
Residents of these areas can only leave home for one of the following reasons:
1. To buy essential items such as groceries or medication
2. To work or study if these cannot be done from home
4. To seek healthcare or provide help, care or support to another person
Masks must be worn everywhere except for at home for residents of these areas.
You can read more about this lockdown on the Queensland Premiers Facebook page here.
WHAT DO EMPLOYERS NEED TO DO?
To ensure this circuit breaker effort is successful, we all need to play our part. Accordingly, these actions should be completed TODAY.
1. Assess whether employees can work from home. To help you make arrangements, you can download the Working From Home Toolkit from our website for free – click here.
2. Revisit your Covid-safe plans, particularly hygiene measures, to ensure they remain suitable for your business in the current situation.
3. Ensure all employees who are unable to work from home are provided with a mask to wear. Restock all other supplies such as hand sanitiser, gloves, cleans pens and anything else necessary as per your Covid-safe plan.
4. Meet with your team (including labour hire, contractors etc) and brief them on your business's requirements.
Together we will get through this but we all need to play our part.
If you require support, you can contact our team:
Emma Edwards – 0459 818 011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Bennett – 0497 497 342 or email@example.com
Please share this with other business owners and leaders in your network.