Published September 2023
We are looking to kick off our HR Training & Mentoring Program in 2024 and would like to gauge interest before opening to new applications.
The 10-month Program is designed for graduate/entry level HR professionals, solo HR professionals and those who perform the HR/recruitment/payroll function but it is not their only role in the organisation.
Individuals suited to this Program include:
- Business graduates who hold a degree or certificate but limited practical experience;
- Individuals who handle HR, recruitment and payroll with limited support and/or don’t report to another HR professional;
- Junior HR professionals (< 5 years’ experience) who operate as the only HR person in the organisation (with or without qualifications).
From February to November, we’ll run 10 half-day training and mentoring sessions at our Acacia Ridge office (plus limited remote spots available) that will allow attendees to walk away with practical knowledge, tools and confidence to:
- Implement new tools and simple (yet effective) initiatives to improve their internal HR, recruitment and payroll functions;
- Handle issues and concerns in a way that protects the commercial interests of the business;
- Meet and exceed employer compliance obligations;
- Minimise the need for external support in the future.
The Program provides training and mentoring by our experienced heavy industry team, through an approach strongly focussed on the practical element of HR. This element is often missed in tertiary education and is difficult to master without engaging experienced, external support.
Each of the 10 sessions is focussed on a key area of operational and/or strategic HR with a practical workshop covering related legislation, case studies and best practice. We’ll provide practical tips and tools for attendees to use and implement in their own business. The workshop is followed by a one-on-one mentoring session with a member of our team to bounce around ideas, talk through issues and initiatives, and discuss things they are not sure about (one mentor is assigned to each participant for the duration of the course).
Our intake for 2024 will be capped to ensure we can deliver a Program that is tailored specifically to the needs of our participants and the heavy industry business they work within.
We are in the process of finalising our Program and would like to hear from you if you wish to receive more detailed information when it is available in the coming weeks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please feel free to share this with other individuals who may benefit from this Program.
For more guidance about this update, or to find out how Edwards HR can support your business, contact our team today on 07 3568 0866.
Feel free to share this update with others in your network.